Circular Avatars since visiting another forum with such

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Just a personal view that the square avatars were better. I'm all for change if it is an improvement but not changes for change sake. I don't see that the change to round clipped avatars are an improvement unlike some of the other new features that Graham has added.
My sympathies go to MartynG who has not only lost his front wheel but also the head of his Kangaroo rider.;)

timetraveller

VOC Member
I also think that the smaller space inside the circular avatars is a retrograde step. Can anyone see an advantage?

vibrac

VOC Member
Is the round avatar an intrinsic part of the new forum update? Can we have the square avatars back? When you post an avatar it recommends an image 400 x 400 pixels. The image is then cropped sometimes removing heads, wheels, etc. :confused:
My preference would be a return to square avatars if it possible and not too big a job for Graham.
I guess he will when he gets a Round too wit

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Fight fire with fire.

G

Graham Smith

I also think that the smaller space inside the circular avatars is a retrograde step. Can anyone see an advantage?

@timetraveller - you do realise you haven't even got a personalised avatar don't you?

You just have a standard capital 'T' for Timetraveller inside yours. I'm struggling to see why a 'T' would look better inside a square or circular shape!

timetraveller

VOC Member
Yes Graham, I do realise that I do not have a picture for an avatar but I was thinking of the many others who do. We have already seen bits of peoples pictures chopped off which does not improve them. I suppose that we could have smaller pictures in the presently sized circular frames and then get all of peoples' pictures in but my guess is that would be a lot of work, probably for you. So the question I asked was whether there is some advantage in the circular frames that is not clear to me. I am not trying to influence anyone and I certainly appreciate all the work you put in. I also appreciate how much better the forum is with all your input. I just don't see any advantage in circular frames but if there is some good reason then I, and probably others, could be persuaded that the gains are better than the losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.