ET: Engine (Twin) B Rapide Carbs Spec

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Been sorting through the carbs in the boxes of parts to try and find the right ones for the bike but there seemed to be different types for the rear, 2DS and 2DN

I checked the Amal carb reference (attached) which gives as it as 276CH/2DS so was going to go with that and get rid of the rest but luckily also checked a copy of the original works order which notes it as 276CH/2DN, the difference being a 2DN is a short float bowl arm.

Just highlighting the fact you have to be careful to ensure you are using the correct parts when you are not familiar with the differences on the early models.

This is the second mistake I nearly made recently, the first being with the kick start keeping the later type and parting with the early dog leg type which was originally installed!

Attachments

• vincent Carbs.JPG
    vincent Carbs.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 13

Rob H

VOC Member
Looking as to how the rear 2DN carb fits on the bike. With the float bowl in the same position to the front right of the carb it looks like it is almost impossible to access the air screw throttle adj screw. Likely that's why they fitted the later float bowl.

Can anyone show some pictures of the short bowl type fitted just to see how it is done?

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I have short floats on my /166 black B and I made little knurled disks that are a press fit on the air screws and even marked in 1/4's so I know where they are set. That works quite well. I'll see if I can reach it for a picture where it is hibernating.........