Australia Needs Your Help

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The Oz Vincent Review
Australian Bushfire Appeal

Screen Shot 01-05-20 at 03.43 PM.JPG

The attention of much of the world is now on the deadly firestorms ravaging so many parts of Australia. I do not plan on writing about this in my newsletter The Oz Vincent Review (that I encourage you to subscribe to - its free) however on behalf of those tens of thousands of impacted folk I am reaching out to you, my fellow Vincent enthusiasts.

I am asking you to reach into your pockets to make a donation, no matter the size, to directly assist those thousands of folk who are being catastrophically impacted by the bushfires across Australia.

100% of the donations received will be passed on by me to the Australian Red Cross.

If it is in your heart to help, please make your donation direct into my bank account, you may require some or all of the following information, otherwise you could use PayPal to Ozvinreview@gmail.com with the comment “Bushfire Donation” but PayPay will take around 4% as a fee.

Information for Bank Transfer

Bank Name = Westpac Australia

Branch Address = 216 Upper Heidelberg Rd, Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia

IBAN number = 733057522457

SWIFT or BIC code = WPACAU25

BSB Number 733057

Account Number = 522457

Account Name = A&M Goodwin

Comment = please provide your name and email address so I can acknowledge your generosity.

The hottest time of the year in Australia and thus the peak time for bushfires is end of February yet just 8 hours past this was the horrific fire situation faced here in Australia. As of Jan 5th, 30 people have lost their lives, 288 separate fires are still raging, over 6.6 million hectares burnt – that’s an area larger than the entire UK and over 1,800 homes destroyed. The loss of livestock and wild life is incalculable. Hotter weather and increased fire risk is forecast. The worst is yet to come.

For up to the minute information on the Australian bush fire situation these links may assist

https://www.abc.net.au/news/ or this one https://www.sbs.com.au/news/

Please support this cause, no donation is too small. And if you were wondering my family and I are relatively safe living in a major city well protected from the fires, but not the thick smoke haze already blanketing much of our country.

Thank you for your generosity.

Martyn Goodwin, VOC Member and Editor, The Oz Vincent Review.

To subscribe to the Oz Vincent Review go to https://ovr270.wixsite.com/ozvincentreview its free.

Last edited:

Old Bill

Non-VOC Member
Martyn, the reports and pictures l have seen are truly horrific, mere words cannot convey how devastating an effect this is having on people and wildlife both physically and mentally, nature can be so cruel. Thank you for starting this appeal, donation sent, William.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Martyn, the reports and pictures l have seen are truly horrific, mere words cannot convey how devastating an effect this is having on people and wildlife both physically and mentally, nature can be so cruel. Thank you for starting this appeal, donation sent, William.
Thanks BIll - email sent to you.

Martyn

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Here is the status of the horrific fire situation here in Australia – taken from the National Broadcaster as of end of day, Jan 7, 2020.

Already the world-wide Vincent community has responded to the Oz Vincent Review Bushfire Appeal in an overwhelming way with more than 20 of you contributing to a total of over Australian $3,500.

To those who have already made a contribution – than you from the bottom of my heart. And for those who are yet to do so, remember no contribution is too small. Is it possible we could reach $10,000 or more? Every Dollar, Euro, Pound or whatever will help.

Unfortunately things in Australia are expected to get worse as we move into our peak fire season in February.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Today the Australian Broadcasting Commission - the ABC, our National broadcaster takes a look at the horrendous impact of the bush fire on the Australian native animals - over one BILLION destroyed so far!

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
This was released by a major Australian newspaper today - its is a montage of images taken by press photographers over the last week. Sorry about the quality.

The OVR Bushfire Relief Fund is presently at A$4,947. Please, every donation , no matter how small,helps.

Martyn

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
I have just been talking with my bank and here is the latest info from them. I had made a typo with the SWIFT / BIC code. Could explain why there have not been any bank transfers from the EU - all so far are PayPal.

The latest information from my bank is below. please let me know if you have problems.

Yesterday in Melbourne it was almost 40 C but today with a cool change its down to just 18 C. Problem is with the cool change came very highwinds that that caused the fires to become worse. Two big fires on our border with New South Wales , as a result of the wind, have merged into a megafire that is so large it creates its own weather system.

Those brave firefighters can do nothing to stop the fires and all their efforts are on saving lives. But every day we hear of more people killed or injured. The number of houses and building destroyed so far is in the thousands. Livestock and wildlife losses are in the Billions. The impact on the insect population - especially bee's will affect agriculture across Australia for many many years. Its very sad and as I have mentioned elsewhere - the worst of our 'fire season' is yet to come.

Information for Bank Transfer

Bank Name = Westpac Australia

Branch Address = 216 Upper Heidelberg Rd, Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia

IBAN number = 733057522457 (I am now told this is the australian BSB number and the account Number concatenated.)

SWIFT or BIC code = WPACAU25 ( in error I had earlier ended it with an S and not a 5)

BSB Number 733057

Account Number = 522457

Account Name = A&M Goodwin

Please include your name and email address in the remarks/comments with the transfer.

Thanks

Martyn