T: Fuel Tank A

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Very long answer to a very simple question, A50AS certainly were available from the Club Spares Company, along with all other fuel and oil delivery pipes, hence the Club was able to build a brand new Black Shadow exclusively from spares held at the Club Spares Company, it was a demonstration of what a great club we all belonged to, but apparently they are no longer available from the Club Spares Company.

Now the history lesson, when the factory ceased trading and all available spares ran out, two ex factory workers, Jack Furness and Alf Searle started a Vincent repair and restoration business, and they were brilliant at what they did, and great to deal with, but eventually old father time caught up with them and they retired, and sold the business to Bob Culver, whom they had had a long association with anyway.
Bob took over all aspects of the F&S business, including ex works machinery, including the famous exhaust pipe bending machine, and also the manufacture of lots of Vincent parts, fuel pipes being just one of them, also seat foams, mudguard stays, many many more parts, and Bob supplied the Club Spares Company, but apparently no longer, I am not going to comment as to the reasons why because they are none of my business, but I will say that as suppliers go, Bob will be a sad loss to our club.

But now the good news, although Bob will no longer supply the club, or the club will no longer purchase from Bob, Bob's excellent parts are available from other suppliers, the parts that Bob supplies are very faithful to original specifications, they look right, and they are right, and I would say indistinguishable from an original factory part, because in a way they are an original factory part, with knowledge passed down and made on original equipment.

I am not at all sure that I should blatantly advertise businesses on this forum that compete head on with the Club Spares Company, but as Bob Collings cannot source these parts from elsewhere, I will send him a private message with details, the A50AS by the way sells for £42.00, but I guess other charges will be added on.